Order number: 41610
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Very thick-walled test tubes made of Duranglas for the construction of Stirling engines or similar applications in technical model construction. The Schott Duran test tubes are mechanically very resistant. Excellent resistance to temperature changes means that you can also use the test tubes as a displacement cylinder for a Stirling engine without worrying that the glass will burst. You can cut the test tubes with our diamond cutting discs. Below you will find a tutorial video.
The test tubes are also suitable for laboratory and medical applications.
We carry the Duran test tubes in these different sizes:
- Schott Duran test tube 10mm x 100mm 5ml (actual size: 9,5mm diameter / 100mm long / inside 7,8mm
- Schott Duran test tube 12mm x 100mm 8ml (actual size: 11,5mm diameter / 100mm long / inside 9,8mm
- Schott Duran test tube 16mm x 130mm 17ml (actual size: 15,5mm diameter / 130mm long / inside 13,5mm (Stirling engine Laura)
- Schott Duran Test tube 18mm x 180mm 32ml (actual size: 17,5mm diameter / 180mm long / inside 15,4mm (Stirling engine Rufus)
- Schott Duran Test tube 25mm x 150mm 55ml (actual size: 24,5mm diameter / 150mm long / inside 22,3mm
- Schott Duran test tube 30mm x 200mm 100ml (actual size: 29,5mm diameter / 200mm long / inside 27,2mm
The test tubes available from Schott are made of Duranglas. All test tubes have a flanged edge and a wall thickness of 1.0mm - 1.2mm. Please note that the test tubes do not have the dimensions specified by the manufacturer, but a tolerance of + - 0,5mm. Please note the actual dimensions given by us.
How to Cut a Test Tube with a Diamat Separator